Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ninjas, MIKA, and graduation

As we're finishing up the first week of this semester, here's a random update on me:
  • After 6 weeks away from school, numerous souvenirs from overseas, and a general lack of discipline, my room now looks as though several fierce ninjas attacked it. Repeatedly.
  • I'm taking a graphic design class and I'm excited about it! I'm also taking a class called 'Writing for the Web' - so I'm aiming to really and truly be an English major with marketable skills!
  • My boyfriend is pretty stinking cool. He quickly forgives me over and over again, makes me laugh, and let's me be crazy :)
  • I need to start job hunting. I am finishing putting together my portfolio this week.
  • Outside of class, I'm currently in the middle of these fiction books - Fireproof, The Inheritance of Loss, and these non-fiction books - The Heavenly Man, True Story: A Christianity Worth Believing in, Celebration of Discipline, The Anti 9-5 Guide.
  • My sister Flo gave me a dress form for Christmas. Her name is Betty, and I use her to scare my roommates :)
  • My friends Kay and Kristin got me hooked on listening to funky European pop music by this guy MIKA, and it's awesome. My fave song is "Big girl you are beautiful."
  • It's so strange that this is my last semester as a college student. I don't feel like an "adult", but I'll count that as mostly a good thing for now.
Last, the thoughts along the same lines as this quote have been on my mind lately...

"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything that is beautiful; for beauty is God's handwriting -- a wayside sacrament. Welcome it in every fair face, in every fair sky, in every fair flower, and thank God for it as a cup of blessing." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I am so excited about this blog! How did I miss that you had this?
    and I am gonna go get on itunes and give this Mika a listen...haha

    ReplyDelete